Hydro One has announced a planned power outage in large parts of Haliburton County 7 a.m. until 12 p.m. on July 6.
According to Hydro One, approximately 3,500 customers will be impacted. A map provided by Hydro One shows the outage will stretch from east of Haliburton to Wilberforce to just north of Irondale.
The outage will allow crews to energize electrical equipment at the Haliburton Distribution Station.
“We understand how difficult it is to be without power and thank customers for their patience as crews complete this important work,” stated Hydro One in a media release.
Hydro One provided the following tips for outages:
- Make sure your appliances, such as the stove, are in the off position.
· Make sure your cellphone and extended battery packs are fully charged.
· Keep your refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible. Use a cooler with ice for items you’ll need during the planned outage.
· If your water services will be affected, consider filling jugs of water to use for drinking and cooking.
· If you plan to use a generator, remember to use it in a dry area outdoors away from any open windows, doors and vents. Visit the Electrical Safety Authority at esasafe.com for more tips.
· If your water services will be affected and you have a bathtub, consider filling it with water before the planned outage begins. You can use the water and a bucket to fill your toilet tank to be able to flush.
Affected Hydro One customers have been notified via auto-dialer and can visit Hydro One’s outage map or call 1-888-664-9376 for more information.